Photo by Doug Ohman
Restored the north and south Rose windows with new lead alloy frames made to withstand extremes in fluctuating temperatures. Each piece of glass was removed and carefully washed to remove a century’s worth of dust, dirt, and incense residue.
▶ Watch Video
This expansive room behind the altar area (sanctuary) where preparations for liturgical services take place, underwent an extensive restoration of the tile, marble flooring, and cabinetry.
LaFarge and Connick Stained Glass Windows
Eighteen stained glass windows created by two of the finest American craftsmen of the past century underwent a complete restoration.
Light the Cathedral
Upgraded the light fixtures to support LED energy-efficient bulbs and improved overall brightness on the main church level.
Historic 244 Dayton Building
Built in 1922 by Maginnis and Walsh, Boston-based architects known for building Catholic churches and campuses, the building was originally built to serve as a chancery, or an archdiocese’s legal and administrative headquarters. Designed in the Renaissance Revival style, also known as Beaux Arts, the building is on the National Register of Historic Places and part of the Historic Hill District.
Restored and enhanced the Cathedral’s two historic pipe organs. Added 1,000 pipes, casework, two new consoles, choir seating, plus improved heating and lighting in the gallery. | ▶ Watch Video