Festival of Lights patrons: See you tomorrow evening
Thursday, October 3, 6-9 p.m.
We will have valet parking at the Upper Selby Doors! Forecast predicts a crisp, fall evening and you may want to take advantage of this service.
Live Auction highlights:
- a private jet service courtesy of CLUB JET to the Vikings vs. Chiefs game at noon on Sunday, November 3 in Kansas City. Includes four tickets on lower level on the 35 yard line courtesy Ticket King.
- THE BEST Christmas Party Ever lll in the Landmark Tower Penthouse with songs and stories led by VocalEssence’s founder and director Sir Philip Brunelle, Sat., Dec. 21. Not be missed! Tickets limited
- Historic lodging at Stout’s lsland Lodge, six-month membership at the University Club, dining and entertainment that will set you up for a bonanza year!
- Nooks & Crannies Tour with the rector. After a 3 year rest, Fr. Ubel is ready to climb to the bell tower again! Plus dinner after the climb.
Before the Auction, enjoy tours and a musical tribute to the Shrines of Nations:
- Irish Blessing sung in Gaelic by the Cathedral School Choristers, Lawrence Lawyer, organ.
- Laure by Johann Sebastian Bach, performed by Carolyn Boulay, violin. Ave Maria, “Othello,” by Giuseppe Verdi, Noelle Watermann, soprano. Te Deum by Marc-Antoine Charpentier, Sylvain Pinneault, trumpet.
- Song to the Moon, by Alexander Dargomyshsky, Noelle Watermann, Chris Ganza, organ.
- La Marseillaise by Claude Joseph Rouget de Lisle, full ensemble.
Congratulations to KSTP TV’s Tom Hauser on completing the Berlin Marathon this past Sunday! He finished – in good shape – and will be emceeing our event tomorrow evening!
We look forward to a wonderful evening in support of Cathedral restoration projects!
Thank you to our list of sponsors: Club Jet Private Airline Services, Ticket King Minnesota, VocalEssence and Sir Philip Brunelle, Cay and Lowell Shea
Hellervik, Common Wealth Properties, Fr. John Ubel and the Cathedral of Saint Paul staff, Larry McGough, Premier Bank, Relevant Radio, Kowalski’s on Grand, Dr. David and Barbara Dries, Bob Lee and Mary Schaffner, Paul and Ursula Kuhrmeyer, Elizabeth lndihar, Anita Pampusch, Dr. John and Anne Dowdle.
Our deepest sympathies and a tribute to an early supporter.
With the news of retired Archbishop Harry Flynn dying this past week at the age of 86, we looked back into our archives for this wonderful interview Flynn gave to MPR Host Tom Crann while walking through the Cathedral a few weeks before he retired. We hope you enjoy it. MPR: April 4, 2008